Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate vehicles and equipment to maintain streets, highways and sewer systems and operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and refuse. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal public works departments and by private contractors under contract with government public works departments.
garbage truck driver, municipal maintenance equipment operator, public works maintenance equipment operator, salt truck operator, sand spreader operator, sanitation truck driver, sewer flusher operator-driver – public works, sewer-flushing truck operator, snow removal equipment operator – public works, street flusher operator, street sweeper operator, street sweeper operator – public works.
- Operate garbage trucks to remove garbage and other refuse and dump loads at designated sites
- Operate street cleaning equipment such as street sweepers or other vehicles equipped with rotating brushes to remove sand, litter and trash
- Operate snowploughs or trucks fitted with plough blades to remove snow from streets, highways, parking lots and similar areas
- Operate sewer maintenance equipment such as rodders and sewer jet cleaners to maintain and repair sewer systems
- Operate trucks equipped with road sanding and other similar apparatus
- Check, lubricate, refuel and clean equipment and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
Jobs for Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators in Northwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Northwest Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: