Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
Outlook & Prospects for Shoe Repairers and Shoemakers in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Dalcon Enterprises has been awarded a contract to make improvements to infrastructure on Highway 11 near Beardmore, creating about 40 jobs this spring
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Resolute Forest Products announced a two-week shutdown at their newsprint mill in Thunder Bay, affecting more than 100 workers. The company cites market conditions for the downtime.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Facca Incorporated was awarded a $4.4M contract to replace the Bug River Bridge on Highway 105 near Red Lake. Construction, which is expected to begin in the spring, will create approximately 40 jobs.
- Date Modified: