Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, such as garden tractors, outboard motors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
air-cooled engine mechanic, lawn and garden equipment technician, lawn mower repairer, gasoline powered, motor boat mechanic, outboard motor mechanic, small engine technician, small equipment mechanic apprentice, small equipment repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine, motors and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The federal government has released a new batch of petroleum exploration licenses for the NWT, including four in Gwich'in territory
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Pioneer Construction Inc. has been awarded a $15.6M contract to rebuild Highway 17 near Nipigon this summer, creating 150 jobs
- Wilco Contractors Superior Inc. has been awarded a $4.6M contract to replace the Sturgeon River Bridge near Geraldton this summer, creating 40 jobs
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Date Modified: