Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors</i> (7231), <i>Tool and Die Makers</i> (7232) and <i>Machining Tool Operators</i> (9511). They are employed by metal products manufacturing companies and machine shops.
foreman/woman, automotive machine shop, foreman/woman, machinists, foreman/woman, maintenance machine shop, foreman/woman, tool and die makers, supervisor, machine shop, supervisor, machinists, supervisor, metal mould and metal patternmakers, supervisor, tool and die inspectors.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who machine metal into parts, products, tools and dies or moulds with precise dimensions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment and write programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Jobs for Supervisors, Machinists and Related Occupations in Northwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Northwest Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: