Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
attaché, elections officer, federal-provincial relations officer, foreign service officer, intergovernmental affairs officer, officer, office of the Speaker, officer, royal commission, officer, standing or select committee, protocol officer, returning officer, tribunal officer.
- Advise politicians or diplomats on the social, economic and political effects of government decisions on other governments in Canada or abroad
- Plan intergovernmental meetings and conferences with officers of other municipal, provincial or federal governments
- Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of elections within constituencies and ensure that electoral and voting procedures are followed
- Co-ordinate administrative support services for legislative committees, royal commissions or tribunals
- Participate as a member of a board or tribunal
- Plan logistics and oversee diplomatic protocol of official visits to Canada by foreign politicians and dignitaries
- Explain Canadian foreign and domestic policies to governments and nationals of foreign countries, and act on behalf of Canada abroad.
Outlook & Prospects for Program Officers Unique to Government in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- The Ottawa Police Service will hold an information session aimed at recruiting female officers on April 4th
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- Ontario Provincial Police to host OPP Bound 2013, a three-day recruitment camp this July in Orillia that allows 50 women to explore a policing career. Applications are due April 12.
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Date Modified: