Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
attaché, elections officer, federal-provincial relations officer, foreign service officer, intergovernmental affairs officer, officer, office of the Speaker, officer, royal commission, officer, standing or select committee, protocol officer, returning officer, tribunal officer.
- Advise politicians or diplomats on the social, economic and political effects of government decisions on other governments in Canada or abroad
- Plan intergovernmental meetings and conferences with officers of other municipal, provincial or federal governments
- Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of elections within constituencies and ensure that electoral and voting procedures are followed
- Co-ordinate administrative support services for legislative committees, royal commissions or tribunals
- Participate as a member of a board or tribunal
- Plan logistics and oversee diplomatic protocol of official visits to Canada by foreign politicians and dignitaries
- Explain Canadian foreign and domestic policies to governments and nationals of foreign countries, and act on behalf of Canada abroad.
Outlook & Prospects for Program Officers Unique to Government in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- Sachigo Lake First Nation receives FedNor funding to construct a small business centre in their community
- Date Modified: