Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Dental assistants assist dentists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. Dental assistants work primarily in dentists' offices, or they may be employed by government and educational institutions.
certified dental assistant, certified intra-oral dental assistant, dental assistant, registered dental assistant.
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during the examination
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Order dental and office supplies
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate temporary crowns and restorations.
Wages for Dental Assistants in Northwest Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Northwest Region||14.00||19.00||27.30||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: