Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline and rebase dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May prepare partial dentures.
Outlook & Prospects for Denturists in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- Havilah Holdings will establish a new manufacturing plant in Greenstone in Northwestern Ontario, creating 52 jobs
- Current construction to build a new bridge near Red Rock, outside of Thunder Bay, by LH North Ltd, creates 34 new jobs
- Enerdry Constructors Limited is shutting down its industrial air and ventilation systems facility in Thunder Bay, impacting 15 jobs
- Rentech Inc. is re-tooling idle mills in Atikokan and Wawa in order to start production of wood energy pellets. The Atikokan plant should create 25 jobs and the Wawa plant 40 jobs once operational in 2014.
- The Dryden Police Communications Centre will close effective March 31, 2014. Services are to be outsourced to the Owen Sound Police Service, resulting in the loss of 9 full-time and 4 part-time positions.
- The Ontario government awarded a $6.7M contract to Pioneer Construction Inc. to repave over 20 kilometres of Highway 11, west of Atikokan, creating 67 new jobs
- A new LCBO to be built in Thunder Bay by spring 2015 will be the largest in Northwestern Ontario
- Date Modified: