Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electronic service technicians service and repair household and business electronic equipment such as audio and video systems, computers and peripherals, office equipment and other consumer electronic equipment and assemblies. They are employed by electronic service and retail establishments, by wholesale distributors and within service departments of electronic manufacturing companies.
alarm system technician, audio-video service technician, computer service technician, electronic service technician apprentice, electronic service technician supervisor, field service technician, electronic products, office equipment service technician, photocopy machine technician, radio and television service technician, satellite antenna servicer.
- Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment, such as televisions, radios, video cassette recorders, stereo equipment, photocopiers, computers and peripherals
- Inspect and test electronic equipment, components and assemblies using multimeters, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, logic probes and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- Diagnose and locate circuit, component and equipment faults
- Adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment, assemblies and components following equipment manuals and schematics, and using soldering tools and other hand and power tools
- Complete work orders, test and maintenance reports
- May supervise other electronic equipment service technicians.
Outlook & Prospects for Electronic Service Technicians (Household and Business Equipment) in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: