Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
Internet site designer, Internet site developer, Intranet site designer, Web designer, Web developer, Web manager, Web site developer, Webmaster, e-business Web site developer, e-commerce Web site developer.
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
Outlook & Prospects for Web Designers and Developers in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-04-17|
|London Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Muskoka-Kawarthas Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Northeast Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Northwest Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Ottawa Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-04-17|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
|Toronto Region||(2 of 3 stars)||2012-04-17|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||<Not assigned>||2012-04-17|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- Toronto Western Hospital¿s $174M Krembil Discovery Tower has officially opened
- The Toronto Star will lay off between 75 and 100 people in its editorial, and finance and administration departments
- Race Roster, a new London web-based company, intends on increasing its staff to 20 in the near future
- Communitech, a company that helps technology start-ups grow and succeed, will receive $15M over the next three years from the province of Ontario to accelerate entrepreneurial activity in the region
- VENUS Cybersecurity Corporation, a non-profit organization aimed at addressing threats posed by cyberattacks, will open in Orleans, creating around 60 jobs once fully operational
- OpenText, a Waterloo-based software company, will acquire GXS Group Inc., a cloud technology provider based in Maryland for $1.17 billion
- ADP Canada has cut 57 positions in its Toronto office
- SGS Canada Inc. laid off approximately 35 staff in its Minerals Services division at its Lakefield facility, north of Peterborough, at the end of October due to a decline in the global minerals industry
- Date Modified: