There are 208 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
application architect, computer software engineer, embedded software engineer, software architect, software design engineer, software design verification engineer, software designer, software engineer, software testing engineer, systems integration engineer – software, technical architect – software, telecommunications software engineer.
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
Jobs for Software Engineers and Designers in Northwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: