Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This group includes metallurgists, soil scientists and physical science occupations which are not elsewhere classified, and involve the conduct of theoretical and applied research in fields of physical science. They are employed by governments, educational institutions and a wide range of industrial establishments.
ballistics examiner, materials scientist, metallurgist, physical metallurgist, research scientist – ceramics, research scientist – composite materials, soil scientist.
- Metallurgists conduct studies into the properties and production of metals and alloys.
- Soil scientists conduct research into the composition, distribution and evolution of soils.
- Materials scientists conduct research into the properties, composition and production of materials such as ceramics and composite materials.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Professional Occupations in Physical Sciences in Northwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- The federal government has released a new batch of petroleum exploration licenses for the NWT, including four in Gwich'in territory
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Pioneer Construction Inc. has been awarded a $15.6M contract to rebuild Highway 17 near Nipigon this summer, creating 150 jobs
- Wilco Contractors Superior Inc. has been awarded a $4.6M contract to replace the Sturgeon River Bridge near Geraldton this summer, creating 40 jobs
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Date Modified: