Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and routine general labouring activities. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, and by electrical, water and waste treatment utilities.
cleaner, filter – chemical processing, cleaner, still – chemical processing, coating machine feeder – chemical processing, helper – chemical processing, labourer – gas utility, loader – chemical processing, retort unloader, water intake tender, waterworks labourer.
- Feed and unload production machinery and equipment
- Clean chemical processing machines and equipment and production areas
- Move, sort and pile materials and products manually and using powered equipment
- Assist other workers to operate, repair and maintain process equipment, gas distribution, water filtration and waste water plant equipment
- Perform general duties such as basic construction, painting and other manual tasks.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities in Muskoka-Kawarthas Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- DaviCor Construction Inc. of Port Sydney was awarded a contract to complete Phase 1 construction at Pitman’s Bay Camp near Huntsville
- The Learning Disabilities Association of Peterborough will offer a six-week Jobfit employment preparation program to unemployed individuals over the age of 18 with learning disabilities
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- AON Inc. will build a four-storey, 65-unit seniors apartment building on Cherryhill Road in Peterborough
- The Peterborough Council for Persons with Disabilities will open a Centre for Independent Living on Sherbrooke Street in May to provide local information and job mentoring to those with disabilities
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Penn Energy of Pennsylvania started site preparation on its 90-acre solar panel farm near Baltimore, just northeast of Cobourg, creating approximately 100 short-term jobs
- Longtime Cobourg manufacturer Signode [Strapex] will close in June, affecting 25 workers. Parent company Illinois Tool Works is consolidating operations in the U.S.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Date Modified: