Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate laser printers, computerized high speed colour copiers and other printing machines to print text, illustrations and designs on a wide variety of materials such as paper, plastic, glass, leather, and metal. They are employed in rapid printing services, commercial printing companies and in manufacturing and other establishments that have in-house printing facilities.
colour copier operator, electronic sign maker operator, laser printer operator, printing and finishing machine operator, printing machine operator, quick print machine operator, screen print operator, silk-screening machine operator, wallpaper printer.
- Review work order to determine job specifications, such as ink colour and quantity required
- Set up and make adjustments to printing machine, such as filling ink or paint reservoirs and loading stock
- Input codes and key in programming data on console keyboard of computerized machines
- Operate and monitor printing machines during print run and make adjustments as required
- Clean machines and replace worn parts.
Outlook & Prospects for Printing Machine Operators in Muskoka-Kawarthas Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- AON Inc. will build a four-storey, 65-unit seniors apartment building on Cherryhill Road in Peterborough
- The Peterborough Council for Persons with Disabilities will open a Centre for Independent Living on Sherbrooke Street in May to provide local information and job mentoring to those with disabilities
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Penn Energy of Pennsylvania started site preparation on its 90-acre solar panel farm near Baltimore, just northeast of Cobourg, creating approximately 100 short-term jobs
- Longtime Cobourg manufacturer Signode [Strapex] will close in June, affecting 25 workers. Parent company Illinois Tool Works is consolidating operations in the U.S.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Several new restaurant franchises will open in Peterborough, including Taco Del Mar, Smoke’s Poutinerie and St. Louis Wings and Ribs
- Cobourg Zellers closes, resulting in 60 layoffs
- Date Modified: