Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes workers who operate laser printers, computerized high speed colour copiers and other printing machines to print text, illustrations and designs on a wide variety of materials such as paper, plastic, glass, leather, and metal. They are employed in rapid printing services, commercial printing companies and in manufacturing and other establishments that have in-house printing facilities.
colour copier operator, electronic sign maker operator, laser printer operator, printing and finishing machine operator, printing machine operator, quick print machine operator, screen print operator, silk-screening machine operator, wallpaper printer.
- Review work order to determine job specifications, such as ink colour and quantity required
- Set up and make adjustments to printing machine, such as filling ink or paint reservoirs and loading stock
- Input codes and key in programming data on console keyboard of computerized machines
- Operate and monitor printing machines during print run and make adjustments as required
- Clean machines and replace worn parts.
Wages for Printing Machine Operators in Muskoka-Kawarthas Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: