Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Delivery and courier drivers drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products. They are employed by dairies, drug stores, newspaper distributors, take-out food establishments, dry cleaners, mobile caterers, courier and messenger service companies and many other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
bread deliverer, canteen driver, courier service driver, delivery driver, driver salesperson, dry cleaning driver, mail service courier, newspaper delivery driver, pizza delivery driver, route driver, vending machine driver-supplier.
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various products, such as fast food, newspapers, magazines, bakery and dairy products, and items such as dry cleaning, envelopes, packages and parcels
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
- Sell products over established routes and accept or make payments for goods
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
- May communicate with central dispatch using cellular telephone or citizens' band (CB) radio.
Outlook & Prospects for Delivery and Courier Service Drivers in Muskoka-Kawarthas Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 02 - Sep 06, 2013
- After three years of building renovations, a new Hobart¿s Steakhouse along with private art gallery the Doctor¿s House, will open at the end of May on Hunter Street in Peterborough
- Several new restaurant franchises will open in Peterborough, including Taco Del Mar, Smoke¿s Poutinerie and St. Louis Wings and Ribs
- The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario is investing $900,000 in the Peterborough-based company Flying Colours Corporation, creating about 40 jobs
- Date Modified: