Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Shippers and Receivers</i> (1471), <i>Storekeepers and Parts Clerks</i> (1472), <i>Production Clerks</i> (1473), <i>Purchasing and Inventory Clerks</i> (1474), <i>Dispatchers and Radio Operators</i> (1475) and <i>Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers</i> (1476). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
dispatch logistician, flight crew scheduling supervisor, freight forwarding logistician, head dispatcher, head shipper, inventory control supervisor, logistics supervisor – transportation, parts service supervisor, production clerks supervisor, ramp services supervisor – airport, stock control supervisor, supervisor, receiving, supply control co-ordinator.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations in Muskoka-Kawarthas Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||N/A||N/A|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- February 2014 | (PDF, 648 KB)
- January 2014 | (PDF, 721 KB)
- December 2013 | (PDF, 560 KB)
- November 2013 | (PDF, 568 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 461 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 461 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 474 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 513 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 463 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 462 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 506 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 245 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 249 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 500 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 313 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Feb 17 - Feb 21, 2014
- United Airlines, Inc. will be cutting jobs across Canada including 95 customer service jobs in Toronto due to outsourcing. The staff reduction will take effect in about three months.
- Flying Colours Corp., an aviation services company in Peterborough, is expanding and creating up to 100 jobs including engineers, mechanics, electricians, painters, woodworkers and custom upholsterers
- Supply Chain Management, Inc. is recruiting up to 20 managers and team leaders in operations, transportation and quality assurance for its distribution centre in Cornwall
- WestJet Airlines Ltd.'s regional service, WestJet Encore, is expanding to include routes between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg and Thunder Bay and Toronto
- The United States-based company Misionero Vegetables opened a packaging plant in Brantford, creating 70 jobs. The company plans to increase its employment to 130 within two years.
- Supply Chain Management Inc. will establish a high velocity distribution centre within its existing facility in Cornwall and plans to hire additional staff, including workers with forklift certification. The new centre will open in spring 2014.
- Benson Group Inc., an automotive parts wholesaler, is expanding its distribution centre in Cornwall and plans to increase its workforce
- Date Modified: