Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Miller Paving Limited is reconstructing 34 kilometres of Highway 65 near New Liskeard this spring, creating 96 jobs
- Cruickshank Construction Limited will create 29 jobs for improvements to the Amable du Fond River Bridge on Highway 630 near Mattawa
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bonnechere Excavating Limited was awarded an $8.4M contract to repair Highway 535 near Noelville creating approximately 80 jobs this spring
- Hiring started at Laurentian University's new School of Architecture in Sudbury
- More than 20 registered practical nurses receive layoff notices at the North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Province invests more than $666,000 in the mining supply and services sector
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Willow Creek Mine near Chetnwyd will lay off 250 of their 350 workers this month
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
- Date Modified: