Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile dyeing and finishing machine operators operate machines to bleach, dye or finish yarn, thread, cloth or textile products. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
autoclave tender – textile manufacturing, bleaching range operator, carpet drying machine tender, coater operator – textile manufacturing, dye-range operator, dyer, finishing range operator, printing operator – textile manufacturing, screen printing operator – textile manufacturing.
- Operate a variety of machines to bleach, dye, coat or finish fabric, thread, yarn or other textile products
- Set up machines for proper processing
- Mix dyes or chemicals according to established formulas
- Operate machinery to print designs onto textile products
- Examine products for defects and to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Notify supervisor or mechanic in the event of equipment malfunction.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Textile Dyeing and Finishing Machine Operators in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Chetwynd Forest Industries is finalizing a plan to begin pine salvage harvesting in the Little Prairie Community Forest this summer. The harvest is expected to continue until 2017.
- Groundbreaking on a $5.6M school board office has taken place in Schumacher, near Timmins
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Pioneer Construction Inc. has been awarded a $10.4M contract to rebuild Highway 144 at Cartier, north of Sudbury, creating 100 jobs this summer
- The Kearney Graphite Mine, located in the Parry Sound District, has received approval to reopen this year, creating 80 full-time jobs
- Ground breaking for a new $51M secondary school in Sault Ste. Marie has taken place
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Dawson's Creek has given permission for a number of new projects, including a 24-unit mixed-use building, a light industry building, a shop expansion, a veterinary clinic, and an oilfield operation
- About 20 jobs will be created this summer in the Parry Sound area as a result of Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation funding
- Timmins to host Canada's largest mining expo on May 29 and 30th, with more than 40 companies accepting resumes
- Date Modified: