Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Fishing masters and officers manage and operate saltwater and freshwater fishing vessels greater than 100 gross tonnes to pursue and land fish and other marine life. They are employed by establishments engaged in operating commercial fishing vessels.
captain, fishing vessel, captain, offshore fishing vessel, deck officer, fishing vessel, first mate, fishing vessel, fishing master, master, fishing vessel, mate, fishing vessel, trawler captain.
- Command fishing vessel to catch fish and other marine life
- Determine areas for fishing, plot courses and compute navigational positions using compass, charts, tables and other aids
- Steer vessels and operate navigational instruments and electronic fishing aids such as colour and paper sounders
- Direct fishing operations and supervise crew activities
- Record fishing progress, crew activities, weather and sea conditions on ship's log
- Select and train vessel crews.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Wages for Fishing Masters and Officers in Northeast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: