Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Heavy equipment operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings and other structures; in surface mining and quarrying activities; and in material handling work. They are employed by construction companies, heavy equipment contractors, public works departments and pipeline, logging, cargo-handling and other companies.
backhoe operator, bulldozer operator, excavator operator, gradall operator, grader operator, heavy equipment operator, heavy equipment operator apprentice, loader operator – construction, side boom tractor operator, surface mining equipment operator.
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and related activities
- Operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment to clear brush and stumps prior to logging activities and to build roads at logging and surface mining sites
- Operate heavy equipment with pile driver head to drive piling into earth to provide support for buildings, bridges or other structures
- Operate heavy dredging equipment to deepen waterways or reclaim earth fill
- Operate heavy paving and surfacing equipment to lay, spread or compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction
- Operate power shovels to excavate rock, ore or other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries or construction pits
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Jobs for Heavy Equipment Operators (Except Crane) in Northeast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 9 job postings in Northeast Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-06-17||Asphalt spreader operator||Interpaving Limited||
|2013-06-17||Asphalt roller operator||Interpaving Limited||
|2013-06-17||Loader operator - construction||Interpaving Limited||
|2013-06-14||Shovel operator - heavy equipment (for w/m, sewer and sanitary pipe)||Garson Pipe Contractors Limited||
|2013-06-14||Heavy equipment operator (/Dump truck driver)||1103398 Ontario Inc. o/a Global Material Handling||
|2013-06-10||Backhoe operator||P. Durigon Contracting Ltd.||
|2013-06-05||Backhoe operator||Employment Options/Options Emploi- Cambrian College||
|2013-06-05||Heavy equipment operator (Surface Miner)||Custom Concrete (Northern)||
|2013-05-31||Hydraulic excavator operator||Pioneer Construction Inc.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: