Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Heavy-duty equipment mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas, material handling, landscaping, land clearing, farming and similar activities. They are employed by companies which own and operate heavy equipment, and by heavy equipment dealers, rental and service establishments, and railway transport companies and urban transit systems.
construction equipment mechanic, diesel mechanic – heavy equipment, farm equipment mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, heavy mobile logging equipment mechanic, heavy mobile mining equipment mechanic, heavy-duty equipment mechanic apprentice, heavy-duty equipment technician, locomotive mechanic, tractor mechanic.
- Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction, agricultural, logging and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
- May perform repair work on heavy trucks
- May attach components and adjust new farm equipment.
Heavy-duty and farm equipment mechanics may specialize in specific types of machinery such as combines or tracked vehicles, or in engine overhaul, power shift transmissions, fuel injection, hydraulics or electronics.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Jobs for Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics in Northeast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 9 job postings in Northeast Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-16||Heavy equipment mechanic||McDowell Brothers Industries Inc||
|2013-05-15||Heavy equipment mechanic (Truck Coach Mechanic)||Grant M Radbourne o/a Grant's Mobile Repair||
|2013-05-15||Heavy equipment mechanic (Mechanic / Welder)||Interpaving Limited||
|2013-05-15||Combination mechanic, heavy equipment||Interpaving Limited||
|2013-05-13||Diesel mechanic - heavy equipment||Tank Truck Transport Inc.||
|2013-05-07||Farm equipment mechanic (including set up and small engine)||Green Tractors||
|2013-05-01||Heavy equipment mechanic||William Day Construction||
|2013-04-30||Crane service technician (Overhead Crane Technician - Certified Electrician)||Konecranes Canada Inc.||
|2013-04-02||heavy equipment mechanic||UNITED RENTALS INC.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: