Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Power system electricians install, maintain, test and repair electrical power generation, transmission and distribution system equipment and apparatus. They are employed by electric power generation, transmission and distribution companies.
apprentice power system electrician, power electrician, power station electrician, power system electrician.
- Install and maintain electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Install and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus in generating stations or powerhouses
- Inspect and test installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
- Complete test and maintenance reports.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Wages for Power System Electricians in Northeast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Northeast Region||17.00||35.00||46.06||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: