Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail and wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail and wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
appliance buyer, assistant buyer, buyer – retail, buyer – wholesale, chief buyer, clothing buyer, food buyer, merchandiser, produce buyer, taster and buyer, beverages.
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
- Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- Supervise the work of other retail buyers.
Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Wages for Retail and Wholesale Buyers in Northeast Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||10.25||18.60||32.05||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||10.25||18.60||32.05||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||12.61||20.00||34.62||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|London Region||10.25||18.60||32.05||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Muskoka-Kawarthas Region||10.25||18.60||28.85||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Ottawa Region||10.25||18.60||32.05||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||10.25||18.60||28.85||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Toronto Region||10.25||18.97||26.51||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||10.25||18.60||32.05||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: