Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness lead and instruct groups and individuals in recreational, sports, fitness or athletic programs. They are employed by community centres, sports and fitness clubs, outdoor centres, resorts, recreational facilities, health care facilities, correctional institutions, government departments, private businesses, tourism associations and similar establishments.
Certified personal trainer, aerobics instructor, camp counsellor, day camp leader, fitness instructor, gymnastics teacher, lifeguard, personal trainer, playground worker, recreation program leader, riding instructor, ski instructor, ski patrol, swimming instructor – sports.
- Plan and carry out recreational, athletic, fitness and sports activities
- Assemble supplies and sports and game equipment
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques
- Instruct groups and individuals in arts, crafts and similar activities and lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs
- Attend to clients with special needs
- Provide lifestyle awareness information
- Conduct therapeutic recreational or athletic activities
- Monitor recreational, sports or fitness activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Assist with co-ordination of special events
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- May train and supervise staff
- May maintain and repair sports equipment.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Jobs for Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness in Northeast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 7 job postings in Northeast Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-23||Recreation leader (Recreation Attendant/Programmer)||Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency||
|2013-05-09||Swimming instructor - recreation (Lifeguard)||Youthdale Treatment Centres(Re-Entry Program)||
|2013-05-09||Camp counsellor (Canoe Instructor)||Youthdale Treatment Centres(Re-Entry Program)||
|2013-05-09||Camp counsellor (Kayak instructor)||Youthdale Treatment Centres(Re-Entry Program)||
|2013-05-08||Camp counsellor (Science Demonstrator - Children's Programs)||Science North||
|2013-05-03||Sports instructor (Assistant Hockey Skills Instructor On & Off Ice)||RHP Training Centre||
|2013-05-03||Sports instructor (Instructor for Blade Skating Treadmill)||RHP Training Centre||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: