Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Pilots fly fixed wing aircraft and helicopters to provide air transportation and other services. Flight engineers (second officers) monitor the functioning of aircraft during flight and may assist in flying aircraft. Flying instructors teach flying techniques and procedures to student and licensed pilots. Air pilots, flight engineers and flight instructors are employed by airline and air freight companies, flying schools, the armed forces and by other public and private sector aircraft operators.
air pilot, captain – air transport, check pilot, chief flying instructor, chief pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, flying instructor, helicopter pilot, military pilot, pilot instructor, second officer – air transport, test pilot.
- Fly fixed wing aircraft or helicopters to transport passengers and freight
- Provide services such as search and rescue, aerial surveying or spraying and crop dusting
- Direct activities of aircraft crew during flight, as captain of aircraft
- Co-pilot aircraft and perform captain's duties if required, as first officer
- Test new aircraft to evaluate aircraft performance
- Train pilots to use new equipment, or prepare them for examination to re-validate or upgrade existing licences.
- Monitor operation of engines, fuel consumption and functioning of aircraft systems during flight
- Assist captain and first officer in operation of aircraft as second officer.
- Instruct student pilots in procedures and techniques of flying aircraft and in ground-school subjects such as navigation, radio procedures and flying regulations
- Train licensed pilots for additional certification.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Jobs for Air Pilots, Flight Engineers and Flying Instructors in Northeast Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Northeast Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: