Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
CAD/CAM programmer, industrial engineering technician, industrial engineering technologist, loss prevention technologist, manufacturing technician, manufacturing technologist, planning technician, plastics manufacturing technician, pulp and paper manufacturing technologist, quality assurance technologist, scheduling technician – manufacturing, textile technologist, time study analyst.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Miller Paving Limited is reconstructing 34 kilometres of Highway 65 near New Liskeard this spring, creating 96 jobs
- Cruickshank Construction Limited will create 29 jobs for improvements to the Amable du Fond River Bridge on Highway 630 near Mattawa
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bonnechere Excavating Limited was awarded an $8.4M contract to repair Highway 535 near Noelville creating approximately 80 jobs this spring
- Hiring started at Laurentian University's new School of Architecture in Sudbury
- More than 20 registered practical nurses receive layoff notices at the North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Province invests more than $666,000 in the mining supply and services sector
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Willow Creek Mine near Chetnwyd will lay off 250 of their 350 workers this month
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Xstrata Copper, based in Timmins, will be hiring staff as it faces 400 retirements in the next few years
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund assists in creation of 43 jobs in North Bay area
- Date Modified: