Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies or services or of heating oil distribution companies. The services provided include the distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers, waste disposal and waste recycling. Utilities managers are employed in public and private sector utilities and in heating oil distribution companies.
director of waste management, director of water pollution control, director, distribution systems – utilities, director, electrical power transmission operations, director, water supply, electric power plant manager, liquid waste facility manager, manager, distribution, refined petroleum products, manager, electric generating plant, manager, gas supply operations, manager, sewage treatment plant, water filtration plant manager.
- Water supply managers manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
- Electrical power distribution managers manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. They may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
- Natural gas supply managers manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
- Petroleum product distribution managers plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
- Water pollution control managers manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
- Waste systems managers manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Utilities Managers in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Miller Paving Limited is reconstructing 34 kilometres of Highway 65 near New Liskeard this spring, creating 96 jobs
- Cruickshank Construction Limited will create 29 jobs for improvements to the Amable du Fond River Bridge on Highway 630 near Mattawa
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bonnechere Excavating Limited was awarded an $8.4M contract to repair Highway 535 near Noelville creating approximately 80 jobs this spring
- Hiring started at Laurentian University's new School of Architecture in Sudbury
- More than 20 registered practical nurses receive layoff notices at the North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Province invests more than $666,000 in the mining supply and services sector
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Willow Creek Mine near Chetnwyd will lay off 250 of their 350 workers this month
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
- Date Modified: