Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Manufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
automobile production manager, clothing factory manager, dairy plant manager, distillery manager, factory superintendent, foundry manager, manufacturing manager, operations manager, manufacturing, plant manager, manufacturing, printing plant manager, production manager – manufacturing, textile mill manager, tire plant manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
Week of Jan 07 – Jan 11, 2013
- Tenaris Algoma Tubes in Sault Ste. Marie announced the temporary layoff of 83 workers, effective January 14
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Boart Longyear Ltd. has laid off another 127 workers at its North Bay mining products and services facility
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
- Boart Longyear Ltd. and Atlas Copco Canada Inc. in North Bay face layoffs due to slowing demand for mine exploration products and services
- Date Modified: