Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sales, marketing and advertising managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Internet communications manager, Web communications manager, Web marketing manager, advertising director, advertising manager, corporate sales manager, director, communications, director, media relations, director, public relations, fundraising campaign manager, manager, e-business, marketing manager, promotions manager, regional sales manager, sales and marketing manager.
- Sales managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and other non-retail establishments.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Northeast Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-07|
Compared to other occupations, this is not a significant occupation in this region.
In Ontario, the outlook for sales, marketing and advertising managers is expected to be fair for the period 2012-2013. Sales, marketing and advertising managers are concentrated in large urban areas. Employment growth in this sector is influenced by consumer spending and the state of the economy. The emergence of digital media has been one area of growth for sales, marketing and advertising managers. With businesses going global, these professionals are needed to cater to both domestic and foreign consumer groups. The development of e-commerce has given sales, marketing and advertising managers the opportunity to reach wider audiences through innovative advertising and marketing strategies. Sales, marketing and advertising managers, who have diverse industry knowledge and an understanding of various cultures, will have better job prospects.
According to the 2006 census, this is one of the largest occupations in Ontario with more than 74,000 sales, marketing and advertising managers employed in the labour force. Given the size of this occupation, the need to replace workers who retire or leave the workforce will be a source of job openings over the next several years.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
Week of Jan 07 – Jan 11, 2013
- Tenaris Algoma Tubes in Sault Ste. Marie announced the temporary layoff of 83 workers, effective January 14
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Boart Longyear Ltd. has laid off another 127 workers at its North Bay mining products and services facility
Week of Oct 29 – Nov 02, 2012
- Boart Longyear Ltd. and Atlas Copco Canada Inc. in North Bay face layoffs due to slowing demand for mine exploration products and services
- Date Modified: