Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of health care policies, social policies and related programs designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of individuals and communities. These managers are employed by government departments and agencies.
city medical officer of health, director, health information and promotion, director, housing policy and development, immigration and settlement director, manager, health program operations, manager, social services planning, social services director – government services.
- Participate in the development of health or social policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers who conduct research, prepare documents or administer programs for individuals and communities in areas such as health and social services, employment and immigration, labour or housing
- Plan, administer and control budgets for research and administration, support services and equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate health and social services projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Sudbury, Elliot Lake, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Algo, Blind River, Capreol, Cobalt, Englehart, Espanola, Garson Junction, Haileybury, Hearst, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Kirkland Lake, Mattawa, New Liskeard, Nickel Centre, Parry Sound, Powassan, Temiskaming Shores, Thessalon, Valley East, Blezard Valley, Carol Richard Park, Connaught Hill, Dowling, Elmview, Finntown, Flake, Guilletville, Hanmer, Laurentien, Levack, Lively, McCrea Heights, Naughton, Parkwood, Pinecrest, Porcupine, Pottsville, South Porcupine, Val Caron, Val Therese
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Health and Social Policy Development and Program Administration in Northeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Miller Paving Limited is reconstructing 34 kilometres of Highway 65 near New Liskeard this spring, creating 96 jobs
- Cruickshank Construction Limited will create 29 jobs for improvements to the Amable du Fond River Bridge on Highway 630 near Mattawa
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Bonnechere Excavating Limited was awarded an $8.4M contract to repair Highway 535 near Noelville creating approximately 80 jobs this spring
- Hiring started at Laurentian University's new School of Architecture in Sudbury
- More than 20 registered practical nurses receive layoff notices at the North Bay Regional Health Centre
- Province invests more than $666,000 in the mining supply and services sector
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Willow Creek Mine near Chetnwyd will lay off 250 of their 350 workers this month
- With the help of funding from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, 20 jobs will be created at HLS Hard-Line Solutions, a mining supply company in Greater Sudbury
- Date Modified: