Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
CNC machining tool operator, aircraft parts etcher, boring mill operator – metal machining, lathe machining operator, machining tool operator, milling machine set-up operator, production gear cutter, production grinder operator – metal machining, radial drill operator – metal machining.
- Study job orders and interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planing, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, callipers and other precision measuring instruments
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece in etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Machining Tool Operators in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-05||Pipe threader||Employment Professionals Canada||
|2013-11-28||Lathe operator, CNC (computer numerical control) - metal machining||JIF Staffing Ltd.||
|2013-11-22||EDM (electrical discharge machine) set-up operator||Hire Choice Inc.||
|2013-11-18||EDM (electrical discharge machine) set-up operator||Hire Choice Inc.||
|2013-11-14||CNC (computer numerically controlled) machining centre operator||Burloak Tool & Die Ltd.||
|2013-11-11||Machine operator - metal machining||Donaldson & James||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: