Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
CNC machining tool operator, aircraft parts etcher, boring mill operator – metal machining, lathe machining operator, machining tool operator, milling machine set-up operator, production gear cutter, production grinder operator – metal machining, radial drill operator – metal machining.
- Study job orders and interpret blueprints to determine machining operations to be performed
- Set up and operate machine tools to perform repetitive machining operations, such as turning, milling, drilling, boring, planing, honing, broaching, grinding or other machining operations
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, callipers and other precision measuring instruments
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece in etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- May enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Machining Tool Operators in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- PowerBlades Inc., a subsidiary of REpower Systems, is hiring about 200 workers to manufacture wind turbine blades in Welland
- TSP Canada Towers Inc., a Thorold-based wind tower manufacturer, is looking to fill 150 positions with young local workers
- Roulston’s Pharmacy opened a new Wellness Centre in Simcoe this week, attracting five local doctors with additional space for another three physicians
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Vale opened its new $13M processing facility at its precious metals refinery in Port Colborne
- General Motors is recalling 114 production workers to the Glendale Powertrain plant in St. Catharines in June and 60 workers in the fall
- McMaster Children’s Hospital opened a pediatric ophthalmology centre in Hamilton
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the new Town of Lincoln Community Complex. The $17.5M facility will include an arena, library and community rooms.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- The horse racing season at Flamboro Downs will be reduced this year, resulting in layoffs at the Hamilton track
- Date Modified: