Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Papermaking and finishing machine operators operate process machinery and equipment and assist papermaking and coating control operators to produce, coat and finish paper. They are employed by pulp and paper companies.
assistant coating operator – pulp and paper, balerman/woman – pulp and paper, calender operator – pulp and paper, embossing calender operator – pulp and paper, fourth hand – pulp and paper, graderman/woman – pulp and paper, sheeter operator – pulp and paper, winderman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Operate and monitor various papermaking and finishing process machinery and equipment to dry, calender, laminate, coat, slit, trim, wind or carry out other papermaking and finishing process steps
- Mount, position and thread paper rolls using a hoist
- Control process machinery using a distributed control system and process computers
- Observe equipment and machinery, panel indicators, gauges, level indicators and other equipment instruments to detect machinery and equipment malfunctions and ensure process steps are carried out according to specifications
- Communicate with and assist papermaking and coating control operators to make process adjustments and to start up or shut down process machines as required
- Inspect paper visually for wrinkles, holes, discolouration, streaks or other defects and take corrective action
- Maintain and complete production reports.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Papermaking and Finishing Machine Operators in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada's National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: