There are 15 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Pulping Control Operators</i> (9233), <i>Papermaking and Coating Control Operators</i> (9234), <i>Labourers in Wood, Pulp and Paper Processing</i> (9614), and <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Pulp and Paper Production and Wood Processing</i> (943). They are employed by pulp and paper companies, paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies.
coating room foreman/woman – pulp and paper, foreman/woman, lumber grading, foreman/woman, plywood making, foreman/woman, shingle mill, foreman/woman, waferboard, foreman/woman, wood treating plant, paper machine foreman/woman, paper mill foreman/woman, pulp mill foreman/woman, sawmill foreman/woman, shift operating supervisor – pulp and paper, supervisor, paper converting, tour foreman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate pulp and paper mills, paper converting mills, sawmills, planing mills, plywood, waferboard and other wood and paper products mills
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions and administer the collective agreement
- Prepare production and other reports
- Monitor safety conditions
- May set up machines and equipment.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Supervisors, Forest Products Processing in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: