Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Farmers and farm managers manage the operations and functions of a farm. They are responsible for growing crops, raising and breeding livestock, poultry and other animals and marketing farm products.
apiarist, apple grower, breeder, domestic animals, chicken farmer, dairy farmer, feedlot manager, fruit farmer, fur farmer, grape grower, hog breeder, horse breeder, maple syrup producer, market gardener, potato farmer, rancher, seed grower, sod farmer, vegetable grower, vineyard manager, viticulturist, wheat farmer.
- Manage the overall operation of a farm, ranch or orchard
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Plant, cultivate and harvest crops
- Raise and breed livestock and poultry
- Hire and supervise farm workers
- Establish a marketing program
- Purchase farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Develop and keep financial and production records.
Farmers and farm managers may manage farms specialized in particular crops such as wheat, apples or potatoes or raise particular livestock such as beef cattle, hogs or chickens.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Wages for Farmers and Farm Managers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||10.25||12.50||20.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
- Date Modified: