Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Upholsterers cover furniture, fixtures and similar items with fabric, leather or other upholstery materials. They are employed by furniture, aircraft, motor vehicle and other manufacturing companies, furniture retail outlets and repair shops or they may be self-employed.
aircraft interior technician, automobile upholsterer, custom upholsterer, furniture upholsterer, upholsterer, upholstery repairer.
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate for upholstering furniture or other items
- Lay out, measure and cut upholstery materials according to sketches or design specifications
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts using hand and power tools
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery materials by hand to seam cushions and join sections of covering materials
- Install padding and underlays and fasten covering materials to furniture frames
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons on upholstered items
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery in aircrafts, motor vehicles, railway cars, boats and ships
- May repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- May make upholstery patterns from sketches, customer descriptions or blueprints
- May install, fabricate, maintain and repair interior components of aircraft, such as seats, coverings, drapes, cargo nets, flooring, closets, bins and panels.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Wages for Upholsterers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: