Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Glaziers cut, fit, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on exterior walls of buildings and other structures and in furniture and other products. They are employed by construction glass installation contractors, retail service and repair shops and glass fabrication shops, or they may be self-employed.
glazier, glazier and metal mechanic, glazier apprentice, plate glass installer, stained glass glazier, structural glass glazier.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters or computerized cutter
- Tint glass and create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting or painting designs
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolds, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or mouldings
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or exteriors of building
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation
- Install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals or related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
- Install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass panels in frames to form exterior walls of buildings
- Replace glass in furniture and other products
- Prepare and install skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained or other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments
- Repair and service residential windows, commercial aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures, and replace damaged glass or faulty sealant
- May prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Glaziers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Brewers Retail Inc. has opened a new Beer Store on Market Street South in Brantford
- Refuge: Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health has opened a second clinic on Main Street East in Hamilton, providing health care to new immigrants
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Bird Construction Group will build a performing arts centre at the corner of St. Paul and Carlisle Streets in St. Catharines. The $42M project is expected to be completed by 2015.
- Toyotetsu Canada Inc. will expand its current auto parts manufacturing facility on Park Road in Simcoe. The 117,500-sq.-ft. expansion project is expected to be completed by spring 2014.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Carriage Gate Group Inc. and Medica One Integrative Health Care announced the construction of the Burlington Health Care Centre. The project is scheduled to begin this month and expected to create 200 jobs.
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
- Date Modified: