Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Roofers install, repair or replace flat roofs and shingles, shakes or other roofing tiles on sloped roofs. Shinglers install and replace shingles, tiles and similar coverings on sloped roofs. They are employed by roofing and general contractors, or they may be self-employed.
apprentice roofer, asphalt roofer, built-up roofer, flat roofer, residential steep roofer, roofer, shingler, single-ply roofer.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Roofers and Shinglers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- Construction started in Dunnville, Haldimand County, on the $1B Grand Renewable Energy Park project, which will create 1,200 full-time jobs during construction
- A $2M construction project is underway at the Ironwood Plaza in Pelham, near Welland
- Niagara College will build an addition to its Rankin Technology Centre to house the Industry Innovation Centre to provide research and development assistance to small and medium sized manufacturers
- Groundbreaking will take place on the new $83M Niagara Regional Police headquarters. The project is expected to be completed by fall 2015.
- Ground breaking took place on the $400M racing complex project for the Canadian Motor Speedway site in Fort Erie
- Construction is underway on the $1.2M warehouse expansion of Criveller Group, manufacturer of wine equipment in Niagara Falls
- Date Modified: