Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Machining and tooling inspectors inspect machined parts and tooling in order to maintain quality control standards. They are employed by machinery, equipment, motor vehicle, automotive parts, aircraft and other metal products manufacturing companies and by machine shops.
automotive machinist, aviation machinist, general machinist, machine shop inspector, machined parts inspector, machining inspector, machinist, machinist apprentice, tooling inspector.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, verniers, callipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 18 job postings in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-25||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||RANDSTAD||
|2013-05-24||Apprentice machinist (Apprentice machinist)||Alkano Grinding and Stamping||
|2013-05-22||General machinist||Express Employment Professionals||
|2013-05-21||Machinist||Manpower Services Canada Ltd.||
|2013-05-18||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||Talentcor||
|2013-05-18||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||TALENTCOR||
|2013-05-14||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||ABS MACHINING INC.||
|2013-05-13||General machinist||Superior Essex (Essex Group Canada Inc.)||
|2013-05-10||Computer numerical control (CNC) machinist (SALVAGNINI HELPER)||Prodigy Personnel Ltd.||
|2013-05-08||Machinist||Burlington Machining and Welding||
|2013-05-08||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||Employment Professionals Canada||
|2013-05-07||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||Nexus Staffing Inc.||
|2013-05-07||General machinist||Express Employment Professionals||
|2013-05-07||CNC (computer numerical control) machinist||Manpower||
|2013-05-07||general machinist||EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS - SRGHM||
|2013-04-26||general machinist||EXPRESS EMPLOYMENT PROFESSIONALS - SRGHM||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: