There are 33 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate activities of truck drivers, bus drivers, delivery drivers, subway and other transit operators, chauffeurs and taxi and limousine drivers. This unit group also includes bus dispatchers who co-ordinate the activities of transit system bus drivers and subway traffic controllers who operate and monitor signal and track switch control panels. They are employed by motor transportation and ground transit companies and by urban transit systems.
bus inspector, dispatcher, bus, foreman/woman, truck drivers, foreman/woman, urban transit system, mobile inspector, transit, subway traffic controller, supervisor, light rail transit (LRT) operators, supervisor, school bus drivers, supervisor, subway operators.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trucks, buses, subway trains, light rail transit, street cars, taxis and other transport vehicles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and may co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes to ensure schedules are met and to resolve operating problems
- Monitor and operate signal and track switch control panel of subway systems
- Prepare work reports and budgets, and monitor expenditures.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Supervisors, Motor Transport and Other Ground Transit Operators in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: