Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Archivists manage, process, store and disseminate information contained in an organization's archives. They acquire, store and research textual material, pictures, maps, architectural documents, electronic materials, films and videos, sound recordings and multimedia materials. Archivists are employed in archives, in the public and para-public sectors and in private sector organizations.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing current and semicurrent archives, in particular corporate cataloguing systems, records scheduling and disposal, and finding aids
- Design programs for managing, disseminating and storing archives of all types (documents, photographs, maps, audio-visual materials, manuscripts, etc.)
- Plan the computerized management of archives and the management of electronic archives
- Appraise and acquire archival materials to build and develop an archival collection for research purposes
- Authenticate documents and records and research the origins and significance of archival materials
- Organize noncurrent archives and develop cataloguing and retrieval systems to allow access to archival materials
- Assist people with their searches.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Archivists in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Brewers Retail Inc. has opened a new Beer Store on Market Street South in Brantford
- Refuge: Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health has opened a second clinic on Main Street East in Hamilton, providing health care to new immigrants
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Bird Construction Group will build a performing arts centre at the corner of St. Paul and Carlisle Streets in St. Catharines. The $42M project is expected to be completed by 2015.
- Toyotetsu Canada Inc. will expand its current auto parts manufacturing facility on Park Road in Simcoe. The 117,500-sq.-ft. expansion project is expected to be completed by spring 2014.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Carriage Gate Group Inc. and Medica One Integrative Health Care announced the construction of the Burlington Health Care Centre. The project is scheduled to begin this month and expected to create 200 jobs.
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
- Date Modified: