Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, develop policy and implement or administer programs in areas such as consumer affairs, employment, home economics, immigration, law enforcement, corrections, human rights, housing, labour, family services, foreign aid and international development. They are employed by government departments and agencies, industry, hospitals, educational institutions, consulting establishments, professional associations, research institutes, non-government organizations and international organizations or they may be self-employed.
Aboriginal issues lobbyist, child welfare policy analyst, community social development officer, consumer advisor, home economist, housing policy analyst, human rights officer, international aid and development project officer, labour policy analyst, policy analyst, immigration, policy consultant, employment equity, program consultant, community policing, social policy researcher, social services planner, social survey researcher (except statistician).
- Social policy researchers develop social programs, social legislation, or proposals based on demographic, social and economic analysis and the evaluation of pilot projects.
- Home economists conduct research, advise consumers on the selection and proper use of food products, textiles and other consumer goods and teach household management skills. They may also provide consultative services in the areas of development and promotion of new food products, retail buying, social program administration and small business endeavours.
- Housing policy analysts identify and assess economic, demographic, and social developments and report on their implications for housing policy.
- International aid and development project officers plan, organize and administer foreign aid and international development policies and programs.
- Social survey researchers develop questionnaires, co-ordinate and conduct surveys, analyse data, and compile and interpret statistics on social issues and policy areas.
- Social services planners conduct research, develop social programs, assess, coordinate and develop awareness of existing social services, and ensure that duplication of services is avoided. They may also work with land use planners to determine the impact of major land use plans for transportation, housing and recreational facilities projects.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Jobs for Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: