Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. Architectural technologists and technicians are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
architectural design technician, architectural design technologist, architectural technician, architectural technologist.
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Architectural Technologists and Technicians in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- PowerBlades Inc., a subsidiary of REpower Systems, is hiring about 200 workers to manufacture wind turbine blades in Welland
- TSP Canada Towers Inc., a Thorold-based wind tower manufacturer, is looking to fill 150 positions with young local workers
- Roulston’s Pharmacy opened a new Wellness Centre in Simcoe this week, attracting five local doctors with additional space for another three physicians
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Vale opened its new $13M processing facility at its precious metals refinery in Port Colborne
- General Motors is recalling 114 production workers to the Glendale Powertrain plant in St. Catharines in June and 60 workers in the fall
- McMaster Children’s Hospital opened a pediatric ophthalmology centre in Hamilton
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the new Town of Lincoln Community Complex. The $17.5M facility will include an arena, library and community rooms.
- Date Modified: