Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Electrical and electronics engineers design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems. They are employed by electrical utilities, communications companies, manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment, consulting firms, and by a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries and government.
avionics engineer, control systems engineer, design engineer, electrical, distribution planning engineer, electrical, electrical engineer, electrical network engineer, electronics engineer, instrumentation and control engineer, planning engineer, electrical systems, process control engineer, electrical, roadway lighting design engineer, television systems engineer, test engineer, electronics.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical generation and distribution networks, electrical machinery and components and electronic communications, instrumentation and control systems, equipment, and components
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers.
Electrical and electronics engineers may specialize in a number of areas including electrical design for residential, commercial or industrial installations, electrical power generation and transmission, and instrumentation and control systems.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Wages for Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Kitchener--Waterloo--Barrie Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|London Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Muskoka-Kawarthas Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Northeast Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Northwest Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Ottawa Region||29.81||45.67||71.79||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Toronto Region||24.04||38.46||55.29||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||25.00||39.00||60.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Ontario Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Ontario Job Futures
- Date Modified: