Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Meteorologists analyze and forecast weather, provide consultation on atmospheric phenomena and conduct research into the processes and phenomena of weather, climate and atmosphere. They are employed by Environment Canada as well as by the military, private consulting companies, resource and utility companies and by provincial governments or they may be self-employed.
air quality meteorologist, atmospheric physicist, climatologist, hydrometeorologist, meteorologist, weather forecaster.
- Analyze and interpret data obtained from meteorological stations, radar and satellite imagery and computer model output
- Produce weather forecasts and provide weather consulting services for industries such as aviation, marine, agriculture and tourism, and to the general public
- Disseminate weather forecasts and reports to the general public through a variety of media including radio, television, print and the internet
- Conduct research and provide consultation on the processes and determinants of atmospheric phenomena, weather and climate, atmospheric dispersion, and physical and chemical transformation of pollutants
- Develop and test mathematical computer models of weather and climate for experimental or operational use
- Analyze the impact of industrial projects and human activity on the climate and quality of the air and work with the social science, engineering and economic communities to develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Participate in studies of the effect of weather on the environment
- Provide consultation and advice to outside agencies, professionals, or researchers regarding the use and interpretation of climatological information
- Make scientific presentations, publish reports, articles or popular texts for specialists, users or the general public
- May engage in the design and development of new equipment and procedures for meteorological data collection, remote sensing, or for related applications.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Meteorologists in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- PowerBlades Inc., a subsidiary of REpower Systems, is hiring about 200 workers to manufacture wind turbine blades in Welland
- TSP Canada Towers Inc., a Thorold-based wind tower manufacturer, is looking to fill 150 positions with young local workers
- Roulston’s Pharmacy opened a new Wellness Centre in Simcoe this week, attracting five local doctors with additional space for another three physicians
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Vale opened its new $13M processing facility at its precious metals refinery in Port Colborne
- General Motors is recalling 114 production workers to the Glendale Powertrain plant in St. Catharines in June and 60 workers in the fall
- McMaster Children’s Hospital opened a pediatric ophthalmology centre in Hamilton
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the new Town of Lincoln Community Complex. The $17.5M facility will include an arena, library and community rooms.
- Date Modified: