Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Manufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
automobile production manager, clothing factory manager, dairy plant manager, distillery manager, factory superintendent, foundry manager, manufacturing manager, operations manager, manufacturing, plant manager, manufacturing, printing plant manager, production manager – manufacturing, textile mill manager, tire plant manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Manufacturing Managers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- PowerBlades Inc., a subsidiary of REpower Systems, is hiring about 200 workers to manufacture wind turbine blades in Welland
- TSP Canada Towers Inc., a Thorold-based wind tower manufacturer, is looking to fill 150 positions with young local workers
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Vale opened its new $13M processing facility at its precious metals refinery in Port Colborne
- General Motors is recalling 114 production workers to the Glendale Powertrain plant in St. Catharines in June and 60 workers in the fall
Week of Mar 18 – Mar 22, 2013
- NutraBlend Foods Inc. will relocate its manufacturing operations from Cambridge to Brantford on June 1, 2013. The company expects to add an additional 40 employees to the Brantford location.
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- RockTenn Company will close its Burlington box manufacturing plant by the end of April 2013, affecting 119 workers
- Date Modified: