Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations within publishing firms, film, theatre and record production companies and broadcasting facilities. They are employed by radio and television stations, by newspaper, periodical and book publishing firms, and by film, theatre, record and video production companies.
ballet company director, book publishing manager, broadcasting manager, copyright manager – publishing, dance company director, editor-in-chief, manager, radio station, managing editor, opera company director, publishing manager, radio programming manager, station manager, broadcasting, television station manager, theatre company manager, video production company manager.
- Establish procedures and implement policies in newspaper and publishing firms, in film, theatre, record and video production companies, and in radio and television stations
- Plan and maintain production schedules for publications, films, broadcasts, and theatre, record and video productions
- Prepare and control budgets
- Hire and supervise staff
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies to ensure conformance to regulations
- Initiate or approve development of articles, books, films, broadcasts, musical recordings and theatre productions, and liaise with authors, composers, producers and directors.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Managers – Publishing, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and Performing Arts in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- PowerBlades Inc., a subsidiary of REpower Systems, is hiring about 200 workers to manufacture wind turbine blades in Welland
- TSP Canada Towers Inc., a Thorold-based wind tower manufacturer, is looking to fill 150 positions with young local workers
- Roulston’s Pharmacy opened a new Wellness Centre in Simcoe this week, attracting five local doctors with additional space for another three physicians
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Vale opened its new $13M processing facility at its precious metals refinery in Port Colborne
- General Motors is recalling 114 production workers to the Glendale Powertrain plant in St. Catharines in June and 60 workers in the fall
- McMaster Children’s Hospital opened a pediatric ophthalmology centre in Hamilton
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Construction started on the new Town of Lincoln Community Complex. The $17.5M facility will include an arena, library and community rooms.
- Date Modified: