Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
EDP (electronic data processing) manager, computer systems manager, data centre manager, data processing director, information systems manager, manager, data processing and systems analysis, manager, management information system (MIS), manager, software engineering, software development manager, systems development manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project
- Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Ontario.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Kingston - Pembroke Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|London Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Muskoka-Kawarthas Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Northeast Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Northwest Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Stratford--Bruce Peninsula Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||<Not assigned>||2012-01-10|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- FedDev Ontario has invested $1.85M in four Ottawa area software companies. 360pi Corporation, SWIX Inc., Therapeutic Monitoring Systems and Capital Angel Network, are expected to create up to 44 jobs initially, with an additional 67 jobs by 2016.
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Firstline Canada, a software development company, is opening in London and plans to hire 40 workers within two to three years
- Fusebill, an Ottawa-based automated billing firm, raised $2M in investments to increase the sales and marketing aspects of its business. The company plans to expand its workforce by the end of the year.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- ThoughtWire, a Toronto-based software company, will receive up to $955,000 through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario for product development. The company is expected to create 29 new jobs.
- DragonWave, an Ottawa based technology company, will eliminate one-third of its senior management positions as well as restructure a deal with Nokia Siemens Networks to cut operating costs
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Accurassay Laboratories receives $1M in funding from the Province of Ontario to enhance mineral analysis of rock samples at its location in Thunder Bay. An additional 13 workers are expected to be hired as a result.
- Ottawa tech firm Exocortex Technologies Inc., which specializes in 3D animation technology, plans on hiring five new positions this year and an additional five in 2014
- TribeHR Corp., a Waterloo-based company with an online portal for human resources management is expanding and planning to hire more staff
- Date Modified: