Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Architecture and science managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific or statistical department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments as well as by architectural firms and scientific research companies.
architectural manager, chief actuary, director of architecture, director of research – forestry, director of research – manufacturing, director of research – mining, director, agricultural chemistry branch, landscape architecture manager, manager, life sciences program, manager, petroleum geology department, scientific research department manager, statistical service manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratory or quality control department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific work of the department
- May consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings.
Brantford, Burlington, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Stoney Creek, Thorold, Welland, Dundas, Dunnville, Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Simcoe, Bay Beach, Beamsville, Carlisle, Crescent Beach, Crescent Park, Crystal Beach, Delhi, Flamboro, Fort Erie Beach, Fort Erie North, Mississauga Beach, Mulgrave, Oakhill Forest, Old Fort Erie, Point Abino, Port Dover, Ridgeway, Ridgewood, Rose Hill Estates, Shand's Corner, Thunder Bay, Waterford, Wavecrest, Waverly Beach, Woodhouse Acres
Outlook & Prospects for Architecture and Science Managers in Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Hamilton--Niagara Peninsula Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Brewers Retail Inc. has opened a new Beer Store on Market Street South in Brantford
- Refuge: Hamilton Centre for Newcomer Health has opened a second clinic on Main Street East in Hamilton, providing health care to new immigrants
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Bird Construction Group will build a performing arts centre at the corner of St. Paul and Carlisle Streets in St. Catharines. The $42M project is expected to be completed by 2015.
- Toyotetsu Canada Inc. will expand its current auto parts manufacturing facility on Park Road in Simcoe. The 117,500-sq.-ft. expansion project is expected to be completed by spring 2014.
Week of May 13 – May 17, 2013
- Carriage Gate Group Inc. and Medica One Integrative Health Care announced the construction of the Burlington Health Care Centre. The project is scheduled to begin this month and expected to create 200 jobs.
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- A ground breaking ceremony is being held this week for The Outlet Collection at Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake. About 1,000 jobs will be created during the construction of the outlet mall and over 1,500 jobs will be created upon completion
- Date Modified: